There are many things to consider, depending on your priorities.
- Your technology acquisition process should get you to the right business solution – cloud or otherwise.
- The contract is critical. It sets the right tone and backdrop for a successful relationship. Focus on this early.
- All stakeholders should be engaged to achieve the best outcome – legal, security, architecture, engineering, sourcing, and your business partners.
- Operational processes should be extended to include SaaS, not treated separately.
- Your business case template should be updated to reflect the unique financial aspects of the cloud
- Your governance processes should be used by the enterprise, not just IT.